Having a website in today’s day and age is absolutely crucial for your business. Obviously, getting a website for your business is no small task, so oftentimes business owners will be confused as to where to turn next. They’ll likely Google web design platforms and attempt to figure out which service works best with their business. The only problem? There is decent amount of website design platforms, and oftentimes the jargon they use in their differentiating statements can be confusing to non-computer people. This is where this blog comes in! Compete Now would like to present to you the Pro’s and Con’s of the most popular web design platforms!
- Simplified Content Updates
- WordPress makes adding content onto your site extremely simple, even for the most non-technological savvy business people!
- Very Scalable
- Much more scalable than other options. WordPress provides great marketing and tracking features which allow you to analyze your customers. Most large companies use WordPress due to how scalable it is!
- WordPress is extremely reasonably priced considering how powerful and all encompassing the service is.
- Community Size
- WordPress is the most popular web building service in the world, and due to it’s popularity the community is astronomical. With such a large community, skilled developers and designers are constantly improving the functionality of all of their sites.
- Needs to be Updated Regularly
- Due to the fact WordPress is essentially a large open source software, it is constantly in a state of growth which means it is crucial to consistently update said software. This can be arduous.
- Web Designers May be Necessary
- Due to the sheer power of WordPress, it may be necessary to utilize a web designer in order to build a website that works most effectively for your business.
- Template Design
- SquareSpace offers some of the most customized template designs in all of web design. They rely heavily on photography which aligns impressively with contemporary web design.
- Backend Navigation
- Navigating the backend of SquareSpace is incredibly simple to use as well as visually stunning. The organization is clean and direct, which is great for small business owners.
- Speed and Security
- Since SquareSpace is an all-in-one platform, their speed and security is truly top notch. They also maintain their backups, provide hosting, and have developer features.
- Unfortunately, SquareSpace can be quite pricey for the average business owner. Their plans are limited on a per website basis, which is a disadvantage within itself.
- Extensions or Add-Ons
- SquareSpace, being an all in one website builder, is very limited in regards to add-on features. If you are looking for a specific functionality of your site, Square Space may not have it.
- Backend Functionality
- As simple as SquareSpace’s backend navigation is, the functional aspect of it is somewhat limiting. Editing and adding content isn’t as simple as it should be which is a definite disadvantage.
- Simple and Basic
- com is a great resource for business owners looking to make a simple website go get across their message. It is great for DIY small businesses.
- Speed and Security
- com is an all-in-one tool that has great security and speed for its users. Professionals at Wix are in charge of making sure your site stays fast. It also means that professionals are in charge of securing your site.
- Business Customization
- Wix categorizes their web building services for specific industries, and has quite the useful tools for each specific business categories.
- Editing Options
- Wix is essentially a drag and drop website builder. This means it can be quite limiting when building your site, and lack certain features you may want in your site.
- Limited Extensions
- com, due to its simple nature, is very limited when trying to add specific extensions onto your site, which cater to your specific industry.
- Since Wix is an all inclusive service, Google has significant trouble finding Wix websites when searching for keywords that are relevant to your business or industry.
- Great for E-Commerce
- Shopify is one of the premier E-Commerce platforms, due to wide list of features which are necessary to sell through your website and run your business.
- Marketing Features
- Shopify includes all the necessary marketing features which can drive potential clients to your website. If you’re looking for an all-in-one platform that does good marketing for SEO, and AdWords Shopify is a great choice.
- Shopify can unfornately be an expensive option for business owners when there are other lesser known services which are cheaper and perform similar functions.
- Initial Setup
- The last con of using Shopify for your online store is their initial setup process. The set up is marketed as simple but in reality it can be quite confusing. Oftentimes, business owners will require the help of customer support which is time consuming and stressful.