Web Design for a Local Community Access TV Station.
- Searchable on-demand catalog that can be filtered by all programs or specific programs to allow website visitors to find the content they are looking for quickly
- Program calendar including production schedules and opportunities for community involvement that can be downloaded to Google Calendar, iCalendar, Outlook 365, Outlook Live and other calendar programs
- Live stream and schedules integration TelVue for all three community channels that also includes a schedule of upcoming live streams
- Video On Demand content pulled in daily through YouTube and Vimeo feeds
WHAT WE DID
- Used custom themes and colors through our custom website design process with WordPress to incorporate the branding and new logo of Chelmsford TV
- Created individual playlist feeds for each show that Chelmsford TV covers making it easy for visitors to find all episodes from a specific show
- Setup the homepage to feature quick links for each individual channel to make the schedules, live streams and latest episodes quickly accessible
Beautifully presented across all responsive devices
Chelmsford TV’s website functions well across all devices. Community members can easily access the website on smartphones, tablets, and desktop PCs. We developed the homepage to stack elements on mobile and used scrollable elements to feature more content without making the homepage difficult to navigate. Check out other community access TV websites that we’ve revamped and made user-friendly.
Chelmsford TV’s mission is to use digital media technologies to enable its community to stay connected and informed. We made sure the website matched this mission by making it easy to use and also feature all of their latest content and events. They broadcast school athletics, concerts, and more while also teaching kids media literacy and production. Additionally, they encourage everyone in the community to express themselves freely by letting them make their own video content. In a nutshell, they give the Chelmsford neighborhood a voice. When community members visit the website they can see the most important announcements and events right on the homepage slideshow. The slideshow is updated frequently and Chelmsford TV has turned their community access TV website into an important local resource. This type of element is one of the tips for designing community access TV websites we recommend!
The old homepage did not have an easy way to find the schedules, live streams or on demand videos for each channel.
The new website was able to feature upcoming events and also have quick links to the schedules, live streams and on demand videos for all three channels.
On Demand Catalog
Including an On Demand catalog on your Community Access TV Website allows community members to catch up on programs they missed. Chelmsford TV’s On Demand catalog can be viewed in a set list and scrolled through, or users can use a reach feature to find the program they’re looking for quickly! This is important for many visitors who want to find a show they like or a recent town meeting. Community access TV websites are an important local resource and we love going through the process of designing the website to be effective and easy to use. Learn more about our community access TV website design services!