Redesigned Website for a Local CATV Station Integrated with CASTUS.
- New website built with WordPress for easy future updating by staff members
- Website integration with CASTUS to enable automatic updated playlists so visitors can find the latest videos easily
- Automatic calendar imports from Google Calendar to display upcoming productions and events
- Highlighted the schedules, live streams and video on demand pages for each channel to streamline the user experience
WHAT WE DID
- Created a website that organizes the many different areas a Community Access TV station needs on their website
- Built separate show pages with separate playlists allowing visitors to find the latest episodes for each show
- Incorporated a search feature so visitors can search for specific shows or services on the website
- Added interactive membership forms to the website allowing local residents to become members of the station
Beautifully presented across all responsive devices
Dracut Access Television’s website is easy to use across all devices. Community users can easily access the website on smartphones, tablets, and desktops. This is especially important to allow visitors to easily find schedules, live streams and videos on demand no matter what device they are using. View more examples of community access TV websites that we have worked on to see the unique elements we’ve incorporated.
Dracut TV has three different channels within their station: Government, Public Access and Education. Each channel needed to feature their live streams, schedule and videos on demand. We created separate show pages and organized the website so visitors can easily find what they need from each channel. In addition to the channel content on the website, Dracut TV wanted to highlight their additional services, memberships, volunteer opportunities and events. We focused on outlining an organized sitemap on the website so users can find the content they are looking for through the main navigation menu or by using the powerful search feature on the website. Finally, the homepage has a rotating banner so DATV can highlight their upcoming events and latest news. Learn more about our web design for community access tv stations here!
The old website was not responsive and had a clunky interface making it difficult to find what you were looking for. It was also not integrated with any software.
Our new website features an easy to use navigation menu, quick links, a search bar and a rotating slideshow on the homepage so Dracut TV staff can showcase the latest news and upcoming events.
Give Live Updates
Including a livestream option on your website can be extremely beneficial to your viewership. Dracut Access TV’s website showcases its three channels’ livestreams so that website visitors can keep up with public, educational, and government content right as it is streamed. This way, community members without cable access can keep up-to-date with programming. We have worked with many community access TV stations over the years and have compiled a list of the top tips for designing your community access TV website!
Tips for Designing Your Community Access TV Website.
When we design community access TV websites like we did for Dracut TV, we keep a number of priorities in mind. These include creating an effective homepage, a concise navigation menu, clear labels, high-quality photos, and more. We continue to make these elements a priority because they result in a website that is user-friendly and engaging. Read more of our tips for designing your community access TV website to learn more!